Karfloof

I have heard of a few different "Hidden Secrets" all over the world. I have never heard of Karfloof South Africa until last week. There are 3 things that might put this on my bucket list.  I like the adventure and since I have never been to any parts of Africa, South Africa seems to offer so much. For starters is it affordable? I guess it is relative.  I have searched fights for under $1200 round trip. I have never been on a safari and it seems so luxurious. I am not too much of a spa type of person but I know many friends that are and they offer the hydro treatment this and the exfoliate that, herbal this and aroma that.  I think you get my point.  For the outdoor adventure people there are many things to do from hiking to waterfalls, mountain biking, fishing as more.  There is an extreme race/event that lets you run,hike, walk 100 miles.  It is a timed 36 hour race in September (Sep 20-22 for 2019) that is very popular in the ultra running community. For only R3850 which is about $270 US you can compete in this amazing foot race. It is 50 miles one direction and a different 50 mile back.  There are designated water and food stations allow the way. What a great way to see Karfloof where cars can not make it through the single track trails. Some fast running are finished under 20 hours and will be the chance to shower, eat, sleep before the final finisher come in. I would like to see the first half in 12 hours and see the second half with night vision. Also the bonus in finishing in 36 hours you get a lottery ticket to get into another amazing 102 miler race in Northern California call the Western States.  That will be for another blog.


 https://www.sa-venues.com/game-reserves/karkloof.php
http://www.karkloofsafarivillas.com/index.php/activities
https://karkloof100.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Karkloof100-2018-Guide.pdf
https://kzntrailrunning.co.za/events/karkloof-100-miler-2019/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running

War Crimes Conviction